Learning and Teaching
Learning at St Bernadette’s is engaging, differentiated and highly personalised. Understanding each students’ learning needs is at the base of all curriculum design.
“You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.“
Clay P. Bedford
St Bernadette’s offers an innovative learning environment that inspires excellence and nurtures confident, independent learners. Our mission is to ensure our students have values that empower them to be responsible, caring citizens in the their local and global communities. Our vision is to be an innovative learning community that is focused on the flourishing of each child.
Learning at St Bernadette’s is engaging, differentiated and highly personalised. Understanding each students’ learning needs is at the base of all curriculum design. Vibrant learning programs and resources are available to ensure that every child maximises their progress across a range of learning areas and appreciates their unique talents and worth.
St Bernadette’s focuses on personalised learning and high standards of achievement through:
- Tracking individual students’ academic development with Data Walls and technology;
- Continuously developing personal learning goals creating engaged learners;
- Focused intervention for literacy and numeracy;
- Animating learners through contemporary learning and teaching practices;
- Building the students’ ability to connect positively to a world of change and challenge.